Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Sunday 23 June 2013

Quick trip - Wednesday 5th June

After the rally I got home only to find I had left my works mobile on the boat. (Not used to having to carry two any more.).

The bonus to this was that the first fine day when I had some time I set off for Chichester. I had intended just to get the phone, lounge about on the boat for awhile and then set off home but as I got near the opportunity for a quick sail seemed too good to be true.

Problem - works clothes - solution - the high fashion section at Tesco - so food and clothing sorted I arrived at the boat and was soon calling upon the VHF to lock out.

'There's only 1.5 m in the channel' was the response.
'That'll do me fine' I replied and set off.

It was pleasing to meet another gaffer coming up the channel as well as seeing a deep keeled yacht anchored, waiting for a couple of hours until the tide turn and there was sufficient water for them to get in.

A cracking sail down to East Head where I had a brew and lounged in the sun for an hour or two.

I decided to get back to the marina for supper and had a very nice sail back up the harbour, that was very quiet and serene, quite unlike the hustle and bustle of the weekends.

Very quiet - not like the weekends
 Once in the marina I spied this old gaffer up on the hard  - she'll take a lot of work.


Supper was very posh - fresh pasta and cheese sauce - eaten sat in the sun on a glorious evening.

Finally however it was time to face the motorway but even this seemed OK - all the traffic had gone and I had a straight run home - all in all a lovely afternnon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment