Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Churchouse Boats - Drascombe stand at London Boat Show

Some months ago Sharon from CBL jokingly asked if I fancied helping out on the Boat Show stand if Simon went to the Düsseldorf Boat Show. I said yes and thought no more about it until just before Christmas when she reminded me at the CYC dinner in November.

So there I was on the stand for a couple of days helping out. It was great fun. Many visitors had stories to tell, dreams to share and it was lovely to be able to share them.

There were many genuine interests in buying  a Drascombe or parts for one. The trial sail idea went quite well with many people expressing an interest in a test that will hopefully lead to some sales.

Tony Wood joined us for the Thursday and added to the fun with his unique character and humour.




The evenings were fun. Sharon introduced me to people from other companies like Jeckells and Anglia Yachts and we shared many laughs over a pint or two.

My sympathy for sales people was raised however - I could hear myself repeating the same patter over and over again - and nothing quite prepares your feet and legs for the very thin carpet they use at the show......

Saturday was the busiest and we had good morning but I had to leave at lunchtime to get to Birmingham for an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment