Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Saturday 2 April 2016

Progress ..slow

Grabbed a couple of days to start getting ready....and by the time I had to head home I'm sure there were more jobs to do than I had done.....

I touched up the wood work and fitted the brown shampoo bottle as my patient device to stop further mast rub.  Having sorted out all the ropes and re-threaded them , I was grateful for Sharon's help in raising it, especially as it needed to come down again to untangle some crossed wires, as it were.

Even now it needs to come down again as the masthead lights look as though they've been knocked and look a little tilted at the top.

The Rhino sheathing came off........but left behind the glue that proved very time consuming to remove...so much so that I have put the idea of sheathing the whole side, on hold. Just too much effort in a few years to replace it.

So I only managed to get one side polished, but it does look much, much better.

I tried out the ClitIt Bang on the coral bloom residue and it worked like a treat, but it was too cold to be lying under the boat so I'll finish that other day.

I emptied the cabin - completely ..Sharon's face as box after box of bits and bobs emerged was a picture...Like the one below...

Contents of Daislebee

A good sort through and it was amazing what went to the skip or potential charity bag - but the cabin looks spic and span...for awhile at least

So a good session, but still to put sails on,, polish the port side and service the engine before the season can begin.

Getting there.....


No comments:

Post a Comment