Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Monday 27 February 2017

Wind and rain...go away

On the way to the Drascombe dinner at Chichester at the weekend I dropped in at the boat to collect some bits so I could start some of the projects I listed in my last entry.
So the batteries are home as well as the bowsprit , the rudder, tiller and I have the measurements for the Mast lifter arrangement.
I even have the wood to make it from as well as some of the bits - hinges and eye bolts courtesy of J Clarke Marine and eBay.














The only thing I don't have at the moment is the right weather - cold, wet, very blustery. So frustrating when you want to get on with things.
The batteries seem to be way past their best, so time for replacement but with my expanded solar project the new batteries should stay in tip top condition

The great bit of news is that I am cutting my work hours by half. Having retired once already and been persuaded to go back I have decided that enough is almost enough and time is more important, so , with both boys through Uni, I can take more time to devote to things I enjoy and this season looks to be going to be absolutely fabulous. The trip to the Morbihan and the Drascombe Golden Jubilee will be high points no doubt but I am sure there will be many other memorable adventures along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment