Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Wednesday 15 November 2017

End of season review

It always seems a sad time of year....packing up for the winter, putting all the toys away but it does seem to be eased by looking back though the entries for the year and re living the memories that have been captured.

This year I managed 40 nights on board looking at my diary, not all of which are reflected in the blog but then again some where just little trips or nights on the boat at the club and not strictly bog material.

I have noticed as well, that my blog entries are more sporadic and sometimes quite a while after the event so a note to self...keep on top of entries.
I have bought myself a little notebook pc which will be much easier to take on board and hopefully will get me into more regular entries next season.

It is a Lenovo Mix 320 - very compact - the keyboard is a little small after a proper one but once you get used to it works well.....the screen separates from the keyboard to run as a tablet which may be handy - so very pleased with it so far and unlike my poor old Dell laptop I won't be loading it with programs and documents so hopefully it will remain quick to start....I'll let you know.

Highlights of the season are pretty easy-

The trip to the Morbihan was as they say aboard super great...it really was...a superb experience in great surroundings with a great gang. I still look back though the pictures and feel the warmth....not only of the weather but the local people as well as the visitors. So good in fact we are seriously debating not going back...could a second visit ever be as good???

The other huge highlight of the year was the Drascombe Golden Jublilee at Weymouth - again the weather and the people made it fantastic ...couldn't have asked for more....some truly lovely pictures and memories....so many Drascombes and their owners in one place -  a scene not replicated since the last anniversary event 10 years ago.

We have decided that Weymouth was such a good venue that we will go back there...on a smaller scale...for an event every two years...with the intervening years having Drascamp in Poole as the focus.

The new dockyard cruises have proved great fun and it is nice to use the boat as a home to go somewhere and do something...much as I love sailing...it does add a new dimension and is more like the big boat cruising I watch with envy on YouTube.  In fact that has given me a thought , I might do a review of my favourite YouTube logs  - perhaps a poll to see if you agree--nice project for the winter months.

Inevitably  as I pack the boat up thoughts turn to next season - what do I need to keep on board...what was never used...what will I do for next season. 

I'll give it some thought and include it in th blog so I could look back and think...why ?

Things to look forward to -

We have our end of season dinner this weekend - always a fun time, even if the next day is a little cloudy....this year it is being held at the Royal Lymington Yacht Club so at least to start with we will be on out best behaviour . The day after the boat will be snugged down for winter and the Sunday sees us doing some work to maintain the water depth under the pontoon at the club...which will no doubt prove to be a messy affair...but with a small party afterwards should be fun.

Work is still getting in the way and I hope next season sees opportunities open up for me to pack up for good and earn a little pocket money elsewhere to fund my hobbies and interests...we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment