Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Friday 18 June 2010

Daislebee arrives

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday at Chichester - made all the more enjoyable by the arrival of Daislebee. Peter, from Cornish Crabbers arrived, ahead of schedule, pulling into the car park after a long journey from Rock.
He set to and was soon talking me through the rigging details, demonstrating as he worked.
The mast was soon up followed by the jib foil and then the main sail was bent on. After 2 hours of rigging there she was ready to be launched and she was soon sitting quietly tied up to the pontoon.
Peter departed for a well earned drink and left me with the absorbing task of moving all those vital bits and pieces I will need, from the car to the boat and stowing them in some sense of order and priority.
Unfortunately this took more time than it should as I had leapt off the boat at one point during the rigging, badly turning my ankle in doing so, reducing me to a hobble.
So the planned motor and sail in the harbour didn't take place and Saturday will be useful to make adjustments and tweaks as we run round to Ashlett in the late afternoon.
Still I amused myself by putting together the table and reading though the huge amount of literature that accompanies tiller pilots, depth sounders and chart plotters. I left her tied up armed with a long list of things to do and cring with me on Saturday.






1 comment:

  1. She looks lovely - very jealous. Good luck with the maiden voyage. Andrew & Jo

    ReplyDelete