Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Friday 13 December 2013

Project for 2014

I like to set myself challenges and I thought next season I'd combine the sailing with a little research.

Ever since I started sailing with the Drascombe crowd there have been a cluster or group of venerable souls who seems to absorb local knowledge and information about the ports and locations we sail to- they know the characteristics of the port, the characters and the history of the area.

I thought next year the challenge would be to try and get some of this knowledge down and combine it with conversations with locals - the harbour master, fisherman etc and try to compile a series of articles on here.

 A sample of the venerable Drascombers
We'll see how it goes but you have been warned - you Drascombe lot - prepare to be downloaded for the greater good.

Contributions to the articles/notes are welcome - our first sailing event is the early May bank holiday  so we'll see where we go and who I can speak to.

No comments:

Post a Comment