Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Monday 29 June 2015

New Home for Daislebee - Ashlett Creek

Ashlett Sailing Club is part of the Esso Sports and Social Club and is home to many south coast Drascombers.
Having been at Chichester Marina since I bought the boat I was sorry to be leaving as I have many happy memories of setting out and returning there, and hate to think of the amount of beer Adrian and I must have got through...waiting for the tide.....

But it is a fact that any event in the Solent requires an extra day at both ends to cater for the long haul back to Chichester...that coupled with the lack of time I have to pop down to the boat and the sheer harsh economic reality for the difference between the costs of Chi and Ashlett  made it an easier decision.

So it was after the Marina rally I hauled out and dropped the mast to get her ready for trailing. It didn't take as long as I thought as we were soon on the A27 heading west.

It only took about an hour - as opposed to the 1/2 day to sail it, before I was pulling into the compound. I found what appeared to be a vacant space that was ideal for access to pull in and out with the car and having settled her down set off for home.

The distance and time to travel are almost identical so it is hopefully the start of a long and happy association with the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment