Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Sunday 15 June 2014

Wednesday 11th June

Took an early flyer from work and shot down the M27 to the boat to take advantage of the glorious weather.
I had planned to come the day before but had forgotten that I was going to the Rebellion Brewery members night with Jeff and Steve - beer...sailing...beer....sailing....close call.

Spent a little time sorting some things on the boat - I had got my Garmin 451 back from repair - well, an exchange unit to find that this unit didn't work either - (Subsequent work by local form discovered intermittent break in power cable......) and a few other small jobs before setting out down the harbour.

Wind on the nose so motored slowly down enjoying the sights and anchoring at East Head with three or four other boats ( a bit of a change to the weekends when there can be dozens)




A lovely warm sunny evening - a little pasta and some red wine - very nice.

I sailed off from anchor and gently ghosted up the harbour on the tide passing one of those 'yachts' that have a 50 hp outboard on the back going down the harbour. It later came back up at great speed, slowing for the moorings and following me into the lock with some minor drama.

Speaking to the skipper later it was his second time out in her and he had been showing his wife how nice it was. He was planning to go across to the island next time - perhaps Bembridge. I mentioned the tides and the drying harbour and he looked at me blankly .. a little worrying.

Nice quite night on board watching  a film on the tablet before getting my head down for an early shower and drive back to work for 07.00 the next morning!!! but well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment