Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Day Five - well six really

Took a day off yesterday to do something else that needed doing so Day Five in build terms,

The decks went on last thing on Day Fur but I forgot to take a picture of them



They were bonded and nailed to the inwhales and left to cure.

Today I trimmed the overhang and sanded the deck joints fairly smooth - the whole boat will need a big sand before the next stage





I then fitted the coaming around the edge of the seating position this was a pre formed double section that needed to be encouraged into place and secured with screws into the deck beams



Over the top edge of this I fitted the lip that would take a skirt if I needed it to - again two parts of pre formed trim screwed into place with some clams to help it take up its shape.

The whole thing was then coated with clear epoxy which when tacky had a a fillet of thickened epoxy  pushed into the joints. I will leave this over night to cure fully.


Tomorrow's jobs will be sanding and shaping the coaming followed by a full sanding of the boat, before I glass the external joints and give the whole hull a good coating of clear epoxy prior to several coats of varnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment