Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Cornish Shrimper - Daislebee

Friday 1 May 2020

Day Three - Kayak Project

Mixture of sunshine, showers and strong winds today - at one point I was holding the tent down as it was in danger of taking off.....

After cable tying the panels yesterday I employed another trick learnt from YouTube.


Mitre Joint glue




I used it to tack the panels together so I could remove many of the cable ties to make filleting the joints easier - it worked a treat.

Next in with the fore and aft deck beams.

Deck beams roughly in place

She is starting to look like a kayak now.

I removed a few more of the cable ties and tidied up the bow and stern panels using the mitre glue and some clamps before mixing up some epoxy to coat the inside of the lower hull.

Some thickened epoxy followed which I ran into the joints of the panels to give an initial fillet.



I will leave this over night and tomorrow I will remove all the cable ties and run a thicker fillet of epoxy along the seams as well as some glass tape to bond the underside of the deck beams.

Progress is good.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment